Tuesday, August 13, 2019

A new challenger appears

This post will be dedicated to my first class, showing some of his skills and playstyles.

If you have further questions, feel free to join the Tidewoken Discord server!

Mystic

I was starting a "design as you develop" approach with Tidewoken, thus needing a class that combines many elements as possible, while still being fun to play.

The goal was to create a class, that is not only a ranged damage dealer, but can be a summoner, support and meele damager.

Therefor Mystic was born, a spiritual caster with a two handed jade axe.


Before creating the 3d model of Mystic, my only Blender and 3d modeling experiences were my map tiles (and a barrel...). So I kind of dived into the cold water there.


The base humanoid was created with MakeHuman (http://www.makehumancommunity.org/).
All the armor and his weapon was modeled in Blender and textured in Substance Painter.



Summoner

Mystic can be played as a pure summoner, focusing on his only summon, the Ghost Wolf.
The Ghost Wolf is controlled by AI, but there will be ways to manipulate the Ghost Wolf's target.

There is a total of 16 spells in the "Clairvoyance"spell tree, supporting the Ghost Wolf and offering map manipulation tools.

Here is a preview of 4 of  them, including a legendary spell:






Caster/Support

The Mystic can also be played as a ranged damage dealer, focusing on magic damage, map manipulation and impairing.

For me, one of the most interesting spells is the Spirit Realm which was featured in the last spell preview post.
This spell allows you to either protect your allies from damage, when just the ally is in the Spirit Realm, but also makes it possible to enter the Spirit Realm with 2 allies and one enemy, increasing your damage against this enemy, while weakening the other enemy.
Realm Keeper improves the effect of Spirit Realm, but not without a cost! :)

Flexible spells like that one is a big part of Tidewoken. I want to give the player the freedom to play the classes like he wants to.







Coming up

Next week I will try to record a video of Tidewoken showing some spells in action. I had some issues with recording software, but I'll figure it out till next week.

I will also post technical background of spells, as this is one of the most complex systems I've built.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have questions regarding this project, let me know!

I'm looking for testers with understanding of tactical turn based PvP games like Dofus!