Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Tidewoken PVP

Hi!

A few people were asking me how to follow the project (thanks Reddit!), so I decided to do a little devblog that will grow over the next few months.

All screenshots and features described here are subject to change.

Preview of the class Alchemist
What is Tidewoken?
Tidewoken is an upcoming tactical PVP game, with a strong focus on competitive mechanics. In a turn based battle with over 45 spells per character, you will require knowledge, experience and craftiness to win the rounds.
Gamemodes will include classic 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 with two players and 2 vs 2 with 4 players.

What is the idea behind Tidewoken?
In the constant search of a game that combines two of my favorite ones, Guild Wars and Dofus, I decided that I want to do my own project. I was a hobby programmer before, but for Tidewoken I learned how to 2d and 3d art in past few months.

How long is the game in development and when is it coming out?
Tidewoken is in development since early 2019, about 7 months now. I'm working alone on everything gameplay related (art, gamecode) while a friend of mine helps me out with the backend (server!). I'll post more about the backend in the future. Tidewoken will enter a closed alpha in a few months, I'll give my best for late 2019.









Tidewoken features over 45 spells per class

Can I participate in the project? 

I am inspired by good communities and players and what they can achieve. My ultimate goal is to create a platform for people loving the tactical pvp genre. I'm looking for interested gamers with experience in games like Dofus that can help me balance and change Tidewoken the way it makes the most fun. If you have experience with game design, already designed fan characters for other games, maybe you can help me out designing spells, classes and gameplay features!


Early preview of the battle, very subject to change!



I'll update the blog at least every week and post an update on my Twitter https://twitter.com/mcfuddl 
Write me on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/user/xreal if you want to reach out to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have questions regarding this project, let me know!

I'm looking for testers with understanding of tactical turn based PvP games like Dofus!