Thursday, August 8, 2019

The Arena


Tidewoken is played in a tile based arena map.

To ensure fair battles, the arena will always be symmetrical for both teams.

I built a "do it yourself" editor in Notepad++, using the custom language feature.
I had some troubles with it, but in the end I got a pretty good visualisation of the map.
O = void
X = ground
S,B = obstacles like barrel or stone
1,2 = starting locations for the players
















































The notepad solutions brings a few visualization problems because of the line distance and also because my entire tile map is tilted 45°.

This is easily seen in this screenshot, using the text map above:
Just a preview map, probably very bad designed :)



































  I'll post more technical information about the creation of the map inside Blueprints in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have questions regarding this project, let me know!

I'm looking for testers with understanding of tactical turn based PvP games like Dofus!